1. How did you become connected with Hope Scarves? A friend invited me to their wonderful fundraiser last fall. I took along several scarves with my stories attached. 2. How did it feel to share your story and encouragement to others when you donated your scarves? It felt great! One thing I was determined to take […]
1. How did you become connected with Hope Scarves? I was connected through Hope for Two, Lara was my mentor. I was diagnosed when I was 34 Weeks Pregnant with my second son. Which was similar to Lara’s situation as well. 2. How did receiving the scarf and story impact your healing journey? The story made […]
1. How did you become connected with Hope Scarves? I had seen the brochure initially at Jewish Northeast, where I was taking chemotherapy and then had a very coincidental meeting with Lara. She was working with friends (on Hope Scarves) at Starbucks and her friends knew my friend. Lara recognized the bald head and pale […]
1. How did you become connected with Hope Scarves? I became connected with Hope scarves, when I met Lara MacGregor at a Breast Cancer Survivor luncheon. 2. How did receiving the scarf and story impact your healing journey? Lara was telling me all about the support you feel when wearing a hope scarf! I couldn’t […]
1. How did you become connected with Hope Scarves? I met Hope Scarves founder, Lara MacGregor, through the Norton’s Young Survivors Support group. 2. What are the things that provided hope and strength to you throughout your battle? On countless occasions, I have been overwhelmed in a positive way by the thoughtful generosity and love […]
How did you become connected with Hope Scarves? I met Lara at a Young Survivors support group in Louisville. She told me about her organization and sent me a scarf a week later. My scarf was worn by Lara and two other women during their treatment. I instantly felt a connection with Lara and Hope […]
How did you become connected with Hope Scarves? I met Lara, the founder of Hope Scarves during a conference in Dallas held for young women with breast cancer. I was in the middle of treatment and wearing my wig. I met Lara on our lunch break and she shared her journey with me. She showed […]
Hope Scarves sends a big congrats to Roberta and her family! Roberta was the very first person to receive a scarf from Lara in 2009 while battling breast cancer. This friendship set in motion the idea that would become Hope Scarves. Today Roberta has two new reasons to be hopeful! So do we all!