Hope Scarves’ next big step…
Hiring our first Executive Director!
How we got here:
Hope Scarves has been led by our Founder, Lara MacGregor, since her experience facing cancer inspired her to create the organization in 2012. Today, Lara’s health limits her ability to lead in the way she always has. She will be turning her time & talents to her A Hopeful Life Project: podcast, blog, book & film. Hiring the first Executive Director is an exciting step. We are not looking to replace Lara, but rather start a new chapter with a dynamic, compassionate Executive Director bringing new ideas & perspectives to the leadership role.
From the start the mission has been grounded in authentic compassion– from sharing scarves 1:1 in a spare bedroom to the international non-profit it is today, Hope Scarves changes the way people experience cancer.
Executive Director Overview:
The Hope Scarves Executive Director will be responsible for leading Hope Scarves to ensure sustained growth, financial stability, increase recognition nationally and the continued warmth & authentic connections that make the organization distinct.
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring organizational success including but not limited to:
- Working with the Board to support the vision and mission and align with the purpose
and philosophy of the organization to execute strategic short & long-range plans.
- Assuring sound fiscal operation including timely, accurate, and comprehensive development of an annual budget and its implementation.
- Expanding Hope Scarves financial support – Increase mission-based revenue, strengthen individual relationships with donors, oversee existing events and look for new opportunities, research & write grants.
- Sharing Hope Scarves story with a broad audience to connect people to the mission of supporting people facing cancer through scarves, stories and research.
- Leading communication efforts including donor relations, marketing, social media, digital communication, public relations & more.
- Overseeing programming efforts
- Strengthening existing collaborations and expanding relationships
- Supervisory responsibilities
Skills that will help this role be successful:
- Dynamic leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Analytical problem solver
- Initiative taking
- Warm, committed to the mission
- Team focused
- Public Speaking
- Technical skills appreciated but not required: SalesForce, WordPress, Mac computer experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- At least three to five years of non-profit leadership, business administration or related field required with supervisory and leadership experience preferred.